Why do I drive in 40s?
It’s more than a half-year since I bought the bike. I learned to drive thereafter and now I drive with more confidence. Day by day I’m traveling more distance and every traveled mile boosts my confidence. Every new day I drive better than yesterday. However, most of my friends think that I drive too slowly. Whenever they get to ride with me on my bike, the first observation they make is my driving speed which hardly cross 50 km/h in normal traffic and I often receive the comment that I drive too slowly. Well, to be honest I never mind driving in 40s. If speed has to be the measure of safe driving then I would come last. Besides that there are several reasons for I drive in 40s and why you should too.
- My bike is quite new and I would prefer to drive slowly till it travels a certain amount of distance to make sure it will do well in terms of mileage.
- Most of the time, I ride along with friends settled on backseat that is when I take extra care and prefer to drive slowly.
- I’m still in learning phase and I don’t want to push myself hard.
- I want to drive as safe as possible and with less speed safety increases.
- The routes I ride the bike on have small roads spread in the city with lots of turns.
- The roads I drive by are always full of traffic and crowd.
- With less speed the probability of meeting an accident decreases.
- With less speed I can control my bike better.
- I would never be in hurry to reach the destination.
- I am no crazy for speed.
- I don’t like to create unnecessary race or competition on roads and drive faster than others.
- I don’t mind if someone takes over my bike and leaves me behind.
This is why I drive in 40s. I like speed but not very often. I believe the speed should be used when necessary otherwise driving in 40s is always safe. With that speed there is always possibility that a girl will come speeding over her Scooty to leave you behind. Well, I have some experience of that but I hardly cared.
Following are some safe driving slogans which may encourage you to drive with decent speed,
- If you know you are driving to your death –would you still drive so fast?
- Normal speed meets every need.
- Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.
- Slow down! Your family will be waiting for you.
- Driving faster can cause disaster.
- Fast drive could be Last drive.
- Speed thrills but kills.
What about you? Do you like speed? At what speed do you usually drive? Let me know your reasons for driving slow or fast.
Drive safe. Cheers!